Friday, April 13, 2012

A lot has happened

Hi, it's been awhile.  It has also been cazy, and fun.  The kids have started soccer, and for those who don't know, I am coaching Nick's team.  I think that is one of the craziest things I have done.  I don't know what I am doing, and I think it is showing.  The kids are having fun, so I guess I'm doing that part right.  The kids seem to be enjoying soccer.  All the games are on the same night.  This Tuesday they all start at the same time.  That is going to be interesting.

March 27, my brother got married again.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  They're boys are so cute.  Thanks to Nick, we provided the memorable wedding moment.  It's not a proper wedding without something going wrong, right?  While taking pictures at the temple Nick fell in the water fountain, and was completly soaked.  Half of their pictures have him in his nice church clolthes, and the other half he is in jeans (most likely with a hole in the knee), and orange shirt with a dinasaur on it.  Talk about being the odd man out.  All in all we had fun, and I think they got a kick out of it.

Let's move on to that Sat. I had taken Rachel to the park for her soccer practice.  I had Adam with me, and I was watching him play while I read a book.  He started to climb on the bleacher they have (they are only three seats high), and he fell from the highest foot rest part to the ground.  I thought "Oh my, he's going to pass out".  He was crying like he was going to pass out.  When I looked at him, I realized he was hurt.  Nothing like seeing your childs face dripping blood.  IT WAS EVERY WHERE!!!!!  It took me about 2 seconds to figure out what to do.  I was like Oh crap how am I going to clean this up?  All I have right now is a book, a phone, and sunglasses.  Then it dawned on me that I had wipes in the van.  I set him down on the bench and ran to the van (only a few feet away), and got the wipes.  My biggest concern was not getting blood all over me, how weird is that?  I cleaned up his lip and got a good look at it, and realized that he is going to need stitches.  Rachel, in the mean time, was across the park at practice.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to keep the bleeding at bay, and get her at the same time.  Somewhere in my stupor, I realized I could put Adam in the van and drive over to that part of the park.  I got Adam in the van and I turned around, and guess who was there.  Yep, Rachel, she was done with practice.  That was timed perfectly.  I called Dan to tell him where we were going, so he wouldn't worry about where I was.  He was at the other soccer practice.  I then drove to instacare.

When I got to the instacare that is right by our house, I get us all checked in then asked who the dr. was that was in that day.  I found out that it was a dr.  I don't like, so I left and went somewhere else.  Mind you Adam is still bleeding, he's not dripping blood like crazy anymore, but still bleeding.  I go across town, and they look at it, and have to decide if it has gone into the pink part of his lip.  If it was we probably would have ended up in the ER.  Thankfully it ended right on the border of the pink part of the lip.  They came out and put a cotton ball with numbing cream on it, on the cut.  He was not a fan of that.  The nurse came out every 20 minutes to apply more numbing cream.  It was an hour wait at least.  All I know was that I was able to watch most of conference in the waiting room.  it took two  stitched to close the cut.

Adam is finally talking.  He is surprising his SLP (speech and language pathologist), and other lady that works with him.  Last night Ashley his SLP, came over and had a cute story and game on her iPad.  He loved it.  She is so cute with him.  We only have until Sept. with her, then he ages out of the program.  He might qualify for preschool, but I don't know.  I'm a bit on the fence about it.  It would give me a break from all my kids, and allow me to take college classes during the day; but I'm sure they will tell me he doesn't qualify anymore after they hear him talk.  He doesn't perfom on command, so that may aid in him getting in the program.  Once he gets used to it and opens up and starts talking there they may "kick" him out.  We will see how it goes.  It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.  We will know sometime around July/August if he qualifies or not.

That has been our eventful six weeks or so. Hopefully things will calm down for a few weeks at least.

1 comment:

  1. That is an eventful six weeks! No fun for the stitches, yay for the SLP and I laughed when Mary told me the day after Doug's wedding that one of your kids fell into the fountain.
    On our wedding day Kristi was not excited about Kerry letting her girls dip their fingers in the water, she was sure they were going to fall in.

    ReplyDelete