Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crazy January

OK, this month I feel as though I have lived in a doctors office.  Between the four kids I have been to see a doctor, dentist, orthodontist, and radiologist (I think) this month.  That has averaged 2-3 appointments a week, one more week left and I hope things calm down in February.  The kids had dentist appointments, and three of the four have cavities (yuck).  We were told at that appointment that Rachel needed to see an orthodontist to fix her under bite.  We went in and got the ball rolling with that, four appointments later she has braces, head gear, and a mouth guard (I think, that helps provide a gap between her top and bottom teeth, so the top teeth can move forward).  I took Adam in for an ear infection, and the doctor heard a loud heart murmur.  That resulted in a echo cardiogram.  The results of that are: a normal heart murmur.  We have two dentist appointments this week to fix the cavities.

This month we have decided to read the book of Mormon as a family.  So far we have done a really good job.  I got a kick out of Nick "reading" one night.  We were reading about how Laman and Lemuel were murmuring against their father.  Well, Nick recited it as "Laman murdered against his father". I about died laughing.  We have had some really good teaching moments while reading.

Yesterday I got a phone call from Heidi, my friend from high school.  It was great being able to talk to her, and catch up.  We talked for two hours. It's amazing how life gets in the way and you forget to keep in touch with people.  I have found that I have even done that with my siblings a little.  I have made a goal to call all my siblings once a month.  I may have to add in Heidi, just to keep in touch.

Yesterday was a busy day, I washed all the clothes, and did our major grocery shopping, and made a pot full of tapioca pudding.  I hate when shopping day lands on laundry day.  I try to avoid that when possible.  Needless to say the clothes are washed, but not folded yet.  Hopefully I will be able to get to that today while Adam is napping. 

I have to say I have enjoyed the last month or two, I have been reading a lot.  I have started a series of books from the beginning.  It is the 'In Death" series by J. D. Robb.  There are about 40 books in the series, and that includes the short stories.  I think I have about 15 books left.  I think I need to go, that way my kids have what they need, and so I can read some more :)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment